East African Research in Progress, abstract submission now open!
Please join us for our first East African research in progress meeting, which we hope will be the first of many. We encourage anyone with research in progress to come along to this event. It will be a great opportunity to showcase your work, to get advice from some very experienced researchers and professionals, and have a chance to meet other researchers from the region, and beyond.
Call for abstracts - abstract submission is now open!
Applicants are invited to compete for the opportunity to present their unpublished research on areas within tropical medicine and global health.
RSTMH is particularly seeking abstracts from early career scientists and clinicians. Cash prizes will be awarded to the presenter of the best papers and the best posters. All prize-winners will be encouraged to submit a short communication for the RSTMH website, or for one of the RSTMH’s journals.
Guidelines for abstract submission
- Provide a concise and factual account of research in progress rather than a report on completed work;
- State briefly the purpose of the research, the principal results and major conclusions, in no more than 250 words;
- Non-standard or uncommon abbreviations should be defined at their first mention;
- If references are essential they must be cited in full, but they cannot be included in the published abstract.
- The abstract should stand alone and not include phrases such as “as I will show/you will see/will be discussed at the meeting …”;
- There will be no facility at the event to print posters, they will need to be printed and brought
The deadline for submitting abstracts is Monday 24 July midday GMT. Please click here to submit your abstract
Free of charge