East African Research in Progress 2018
Please save the date for the second East African Research in Progress meeting (EARIP), which will take place at Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre in Moshi, Tanzania, 27-29 September.
This meeting is designed specifically for early career investigators to present their unpublished research in progress to peers and senior experts in all fields of tropical medicine and global health. In addition, attendees will have the chance to participate in academic mentorship surgeries.
The meeting is free to attend and will include a conference dinner on Thursday 27 September and a garden party on Saturday 29 September.
The first EARIP in 2017 was a huge success and attended by over 130 people from across the east African region.
Abstract submissions: Closed
Notification of success: 24 August
Grants and logistics:
There are a limited number of travel grants available and airport collection and accommodation are provided free by LSHTM.
The members of the faculty who will be in attendance include:
- David Mabey, Professor of Communicable Diseases, LSHTM
- Diana Lockwood, Professor of Tropical Medicine, LSHTM
- William Howlett, Associate Professor of Medicine, Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College, Moshi
- Phil Gothard, Associate Professor of Tropical Medicine, LSHTM
- Mike Brown, Clinical Lead, Hospital for Tropical Diseases, London
Other speakers will be announced in due course.
Free of charge