East African Research in Progress 2019
Date: Thursday 26 September - Saturday 28 September 2019
Location: Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre, Moshi, Tanzania
Price: Free of charge
This is the third year we are running the East African Research in Progress meeting (EARIP) in association with the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), the East African Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene and Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College.
This meeting is designed specifically for early career investigators to present their unpublished research in progress to peers and senior experts in all fields of tropical medicine and global health.
At this free event attendees will:
- Hear from invited speakers on a range of topics and issues
- Take part in mentoring sessions and workshops
- View posters and hear presentations from early career researchers
- Network during a conference dinner on Thursday 26 September and a garden party on Saturday 28 September
The deadline for abstract submissions has now passed. We aim to notify applicants by 19 July 2019.
Abstracts should cover RSTMH’s priority thematic areas:
- Neglected tropical diseases, with a particular focus on their overlap with non-communicable diseases and the Sustainable Development Goals,
- Malaria, with a particular focus on resistance,
- One Health and wider planetary health. The consideration of human health alongside animal health and the environment, in the context of social, economic and political factors,
- Topical issues including, but not limited to, emerging diseases,
- Drug resistant infections.
Grants and logistics
There are limited travel grants available to support researchers from the East African region. More information will be announced in due course.
Accommodation and airport collection are available free to all attendees by LSHTM.
Speakers will be announced in due course.
Free of charge