Research Ideas Showcase, India
This meeting is designed specifically for students and recent graduates to present their ideas for research in tropical medicine and global health to peers and senior experts.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to hear from invited speakers on a range of topics and issues and take part in mentoring sessions.
Researchers, professionals, scientists and others who are studying or have just completed studies in subjects aligned to tropical medicine or global health are invited to apply for the opportunity to present their ideas.
We are particularly interested in ideas in the areas below, which are priorities of RSTMH:
- Neglected tropical diseases and their overlap with non-communicable diseases and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Malaria, with a focus on resistance
- Planetary Health and the consideration of human health alongside animal health and the environment, in the context of social, economic and political factors
- Topical issues, including emerging diseases
- Drug resistant infections
Submit your research idea here (deadline 21 September, 17:00 BST).
Below are tentative dates and locations, these will be confirmed once the submission process has closed.
- 6 November: Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Delhi
- 9 November: Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- 11 November: All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Bhubaneswar
Please note: there is very limited travel support available for the events, for local travel only.