Research Ideas Showcase, India
11–18 March 2020
Background and purpose
This meeting is designed specifically for undergraduate and postgraduate students, and recent graduates to present their ideas for research in tropical medicine and global health.
Delegates will also have the opportunity to:
- Present your work to peers and senior experts and receive a certificate
- Win the best presentation award including a cash prize, a year’s free RSTMH membership and a CV commendation
- Be mentored by senior experts in the field
- Hear from invited speakers on a range of topics
Researchers, professionals, scientists and others who are studying or have completed studies in the last three years in subjects aligned to tropical medicine or global health are invited to apply for the opportunity to present their ideas.
We are particularly interested in ideas in the areas below:
- neglected tropical diseases including snakebite, leishmaniasis and leprosy,
- drug-resistant infections, including tuberculosis,
- non-communicable diseases,
- emerging diseases and outbreaks,
- climate change and One Health.
- Submit your research idea here (deadline 30 January, 17:00 UK time)
- Below are tentative dates and locations.
In the form, it will ask you which location you wish to present your ideas at, they are:
- Bangalore - Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-Camp)
- Bhubaneswar - All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
- Vellore - Christian Medical College (CMC)
- Cochin - Amrita University
- Delhi - Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
Please note: there is limited travel support available for the events, for local travel only.
If you have any questions about the event please contact Adriana – firstname.lastname@example.org