Topics in Infection 2018 - registration open!
An annual one-day meeting that brings together microbiologists, consultants in infectious disease, infection control nurses and biomedical and clinical scientists to hear updates on recent "hot topics" in all aspects of infectious disease.
We are delighted to announce the following speakers, including Professor Chris Whitty who will be presenting a keynote address:
- Tackling the global challenge of antimicrobial resistance: new drug pipelines - Professor Chris Whitty, Interim Government Chief Scientific Officer, Professor of Public and International Health at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and Consultant Physician at University College London Hospitals and the Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- Pathology Networks - Professor Joanne Martin, Professor of Pathology, Queen Mary University of London, Director of Academic Health Sciences, Barts Health NHS Trust, President Elect Royal College of Pathologists
- The UK Public Health Rapid Support Team, a new initiative to combat outbreaks - Professor Dan Bausch director of RST, Professor Jimmy Whitworth, deputy director of RST and Hilary Bower, member of the core deployable team
- Breath Biopsy - Billy Boyle, Founder and CEO of Owlstone Medical
- One Health agenda - Professor Roberto Marcello La Ragione, Head of the Department of Pathology and Infectious Diseases, Director of the Veterinary Pathology Centre, President Med-Vet-Net Association, University of Surrey
Venue: King’s College London, The Strand Campus, Strand, London WC2R 2LS.