2018 grants round
Our small grants programme is now closed for submissions.
Purpose of small grants
To enable early career researchers and global health professionals in the field of tropical medicine or global health to undertake clinical or scientific research or fieldwork, as stand-alone projects or distinct elements within a larger project.
Small grant value and timescale
The maximum RSTMH small grant awarded is £5,000 (including VAT).
Submissions are now closed. Disbursements will take place from June 2018.
Small grant permitted use
Small grants can be used for the following expenditure:
- Field expenses, including salaries or per diems
- Field transport
- Items of equipment or software
Applications focused on the thematic areas listed in RSTMH’s five-year strategy will be prioritised. These are listed below:
- Neglected tropical diseases, with a particular focus on their overlap with non-communicable diseases and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Malaria, with a particular focus on drug resistance
- One Health and wider planetary health. The consideration of human health alongside animal health, and the environment, in the context of social, economic and political factors
- Topical issues including, but not limited to, emerging diseases
- Drug resistant infections