Events and Communications Volunteer, 11th European Congress on Tropical Medicine and International Health (ECTMIH 2019)
Since 1907, the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH) has been dedicated to improving tropical medicine and global health. Through our network of members across the world, we facilitate research, share knowledge and guide lifelong careers.
RSTMH is hosting the 11th European Congress on Tropical Medicine and International Health (ECTMIH 2019) in Liverpool, UK on behalf of the Federation of European Societies for Tropical Medicine and International Health (FESTMIH).
ECTMIH 2019 will bring together more than 2,000 scientists and experts from across the world. The Congress provides a platform for sharing research and innovation in the field of tropical medicine and global health.
RSTMH is currently looking for an Events and Communications Volunteer to help us host and promote ECTMIH 2019. As an ECTMIH 2019 event volunteer you will be supporting the ECTMIH 2019 Project Manager with drafting and delivering communications and undertaking research on global health and tropical medicine organisations.
Location: Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Northumberland House, 303-306 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7JZ (nearest tube Chancery Lane)
Time: We would ideally like someone who can come into our office for three to eight hours a week. The hours are flexible and can be any time between 9:30 and 17:00. Ideal days are Tuesdays and Fridays.
Personal specification, skills and experience
- A strong academic record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent and capable with minimal support and guidance
- Flexible and adaptable
- Thoughtful, resourceful, reflective and eager to learn
- Keen interest in understanding and contributing to RSTMH
- Proactive and positive with a “can do” attitude
How we will support you and what else you’ll gain
- Volunteer induction into RSTMH
- Training to support you to undertake tasks
- Regular catch ups with your main staff contact
- Ongoing support from staff with difficult queries
- If you volunteer for more than half a day per week, we will reimburse pre-agreed travel and lunch expenses
- Valuable experience for your CV and a work-related reference
- You’ll be helping us to achieve our ambition to save lives and improve health around the world through increased access to and greater equity in global healthcare