Office Research and Projects Volunteer, Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
Since 1907, the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH) has been dedicated to improving tropical medicine and global health. Through our network of members across the world, we facilitate research, share knowledge and guide lifelong careers.
RSTMH is currently looking for volunteers to help us with desk research, general day-to-day administrative tasks, projects and other activities, so we can continue to be at the heart of the tropical medicine and global health community and provide the knowledge and networks, across all disciplines, that drive impact.
Location: Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Northumberland House, 303-306 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7JZ
Time: We would ideally like someone who can come into our office for three to eight hours a week. The hours are flexible and can be any time between 9:30 and 17:00.
Personal specification, skills and experience
- A strong academic record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent and capable with minimal support and guidance
- Flexible and adaptable
- Thoughtful, resourceful, reflective and eager to learn
- Keen interest in understanding and contributing to RSTMH
- Proactive and positive with a “can do” attitude
How we will support you and what else you’ll gain
- Volunteer induction into RSTMH
- Training to support you to undertake tasks
- Regular catch ups with your main staff contact
- Ongoing support from staff with difficult queries
- If you volunteer for more than half a day per week, we will reimburse pre-agreed travel and lunch expenses
- Valuable experience for your CV and a work-related reference
- You’ll be helping us to achieve our ambition to save lives and improve health around the world through increased access to and greater equity in global healthcare
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com, outlining your experience, interest and availability in the role.