Annual Meeting 2020: Emerging diseases and outbreaks
Join RSTMH for this global conference bringing together our members and supporters from around the world to explore one of our strategic priority areas – emerging diseases and outbreaks.
This meeting will have a particular focus on the COVID-19 which will be explored through cross cutting themes including misinformation and infodemics, climate change, One Health. and migration. Sessions will take the form of abstract presentations, turbo talks, keynotes and panel discussions with an emphasis on audience interaction.
All delegates will have access to networking sessions, abstract presentations and plenary talks, as well as an on-demand service following the event to watch the content and feed into the discussion in your own time.
- Learn from senior experts from across the globe on a range of subjects around the theme
- Hear the latest research and lessons from the field
- Have the chance to ask questions and discuss in plenary
- Attend virtual networking sessions to get to know your fellow attendees.
- Feed into a panel developing ideas, views and evidence for RSTMH to take forward in the coming year.
- Professor Chris Whitty, Chief Medical Officer for England, Chief Medical Adviser to the UK Government, Chief Scientific Adviser (CSA) at the Department of Health And Social Care and Head of the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)
- Professor Dan Bausch, Director, UK Public Health Rapid Support Team (UK-PHRST), Scientific chair of the RSTMH Annual Meeting
- Professor Jimmy Whitworth, Professor of International Public Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, RSTMH trustee
- Dr Matshidiso Moeti, Regional Director for Africa, World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Professor Peter Hotez, Dean for National School of Tropical Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine
- Professor Rosanna Peeling, Chair of Diagnostics Research at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and Director of the International Diagnostics Centre (IDC).
- Dr Santosh Vijaykumar, Senior Lecturer, health and communication risk scientist, Northumbria University.
- Dr Sylvie Briand, Director, Infectious Hazards Managment Department at World Health Organisation
- Professor George Gao, Director-General of the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention
|Student / retired LMIC Member||£20|
|Student / retired LMIC Non-member||£50|
|Early Careers Member||£50|
For group discounts and to request an invoice, please email adriana [dot] thursby [at] rstmh [dot] org (Adriana Thursby-Pelham).
To save money on your ticket today, as well as on future RSTMH events, why not become a member and take advantage of a whole host of membership benefits?
Please note: those who have already purchased a ticket will receive an automatic refund of the difference in price, you will be contacted separately about this over the following week.
Abstract and travel scholarship applicants - the RSTMH team will be in contact with you directly in the coming days.
By booking a ticket you are agreeing to the event terms and conditions