Since 1907, the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (RSTMH) has been dedicated to improving tropical medicine and global health. Through our network of members across the world, we facilitate research, share knowledge, guide lifelong careers and drive impact.
We provide grants for international research, hold meetings and events around the world and share multidisciplinary research through our peer-reviewed journals. We also award medals and prizes to our members for excellence in practice and to recognise emerging talent.
Our members are at all stages of their careers, working in all disciplines and across a wide range of sectors. They are the heart of our organisation and we support them through the following:
- Our peer-reviewed journals, Transactions and International Health. These titles showcase a wide range of multidisciplinary research and reviews that cover topics ranging from tropical and infectious diseases and public health, to health economics and policy
- Eligibility to be nominated for our prestigious medals and awards
- Discounted rates to RSTMH meetings (several of which are CPD accredited), as well as priority access to travel scholarships for our events
- Eligibility to apply to our small grants programme for early career research
- A 25% discount on thousands of Oxford University Press books
- The opportunity to shape the vision and governance of RSTMH and the sector by participating in our Annual General Meeting and voting for elected Trustees
- A fortnightly newsletter that contains exclusive news and opportunities for our members
- Opportunities to share your knowledge and ideas as part of our mission to deliver impact in global health
“I am a global health researcher and my RSTMH membership has allowed me to keep in touch with wider developments in global health and tropical medicine, with the conferences and events of great educational value.
I have also benefited greatly from being a previous recipient of an RSTMH research award, which has had a huge knock-on effect in terms of boosting my CV and creating networking opportunities within the WHO and other high-level international stakeholders."
- RSTMH member Dr Michael Head is a Senior Research Fellow (Research Investments in Global study) at the University of Southampton
A one-year subscription costs £80 (£95 if you opt to receive the journals in hard copy), discounted to £30 for those working in low- and middle-income countries and £20 for students*. We also offer preferential rates for multi-year subscriptions.
Become a member today and be part of a network that saves lives and improves health around the world.
Low- and middle-income countries: For those receiving a local salary in countries that appear in groups A and B of the Hinari list (NB: Does not include India).
Students: For full-time registered students studying for a first or second degree, a first postdoctoral qualification or approved university diploma course of up to one year. Evidence of the student's status and duration of study period must be provided at the time of payment. The student rate is available for a maximum 3 years.
For any any queries regarding RSTMH membership, or you wish to pay your subscription via invoice or bank transfer, please contact our Membership Manager Claire Coveney, on email@example.com / +44 (0)203 911 4621.
Join us now
|Electronic access only (1 year)||£80.00||Buy now|
|Electronic access only (3 years)||£225.00||Buy now|
|Electronic access only (5 years)||£375.00||Buy now|
|Electronic plus print access (1 year)||£95.00||Buy now|
|Electronic plus print access (3 years)||£260.00||Buy now|
|Electronic plus print access (5 years)||£450.00||Buy now|
|Low income country*||£30.00||Buy now|
Direct Debit (UK bank accounts only)
Direct Debit is the quickest and easiest way to pay your annual subscription. Once set up, you don't need to worry about paying your subscription on time and it also gives you further discounts on some of our events.
Why choose Direct Debit?
- Convenient – know your subscription is always paid on time, so you don't need to worry about losing your discounted delegate rate or access to our journals - Transactions and International Health
- Secure – all Direct Debit payments are protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee.
- Discount – you will benefit from a £25 discount on your delegate registration fee for our biennial meetings
How to set up a Direct Debit?
Setting up your Direct Debit is quick and easy, simply complete the Direct Debit mandate below (please ensure that you provide the address your UK bank account is registered to) and return it to RSTMH, Northumberland House, 303 – 306 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7JZ