47th Annual Topics in Infection
Now in its forty-seventh year, Topics in Infection will take place in person on Tuesday 20 September 2022 at the Great Hall, St Bartholomew’s Hospital, London.
This annual one-day meeting, is delivered as a partnership between RSTMH, Barts Health and the UK Health Security Agency. The meeting will bring together microbiologists, consultants in infectious disease, infection control nurses and biomedical and clinical scientists to hear updates on recent “hot topics” in all aspects of infectious disease. This year we hope to cover topics that include Monkeypox, Lassa Fever, Myocarditis and many others. CPD points to be confirmed.
The early bird period will close on Friday 12 August 2022 at 17:00 BST.
I always enjoy and look forward to the Topics in Infection meeting... a great spread of speakers and fascinating topics”.
Professor Jo Martin, Past President, Royal College of Pathologists
This year, Topics in Infection is being held in person only. We will be announcing details of more online RSTMH events over the coming months.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Professor James Logan, Professor within the Department of Disease Control at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) who will be presenting on the use of dogs to detect infection.
- Professor Jimmy Whitworth, Professor of International Public Health, and a Trustee of RSTMH and Chair of our Grants and Awards Committee who will be presenting on monkeypox.
- Dr Gee Yen Shin, Director of Infection Prevention Control and consultant virologist at UCLH, who will be presenting on lessons learnt from the pandemic on hospital design
- Professor Judith Breuer, Director of Infection and Immunity at University College London (UCL), who will be presenting on the topic of childhood hepatitis
- Dr Rita Browne, Consultant of Genito-Urinary Medicine, who will be presenting on the topic of COVID-19 and sexual health
- Professor Peter Chiodini, University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, who will be presenting about his career in parasitology
- Professor Rick Mumford, Deputy Chief Scientific Advisor and Deputy Director of Science, Evidence and Research at the Food Standards Agency (FSA), and Professor Stuart Reid, President and Principal of The Royal Veterinary College, who will be joining a panel session on One Health
- Professor Saidi (Sam) Mohiddin and Dr Oliver Guttmann, Barts Health NHS Trust, who will be presenting on the topic of myocarditis
We will be announcing more speakers over the coming weeks.