RSTMH Annual Meeting 2021 – drug resistant infections: causes, consequences and considerations
Join us for our Annual Meeting 2021 on 11 and 12 October!
We are currently planning to run the event as a hybrid meeting (UK and virtual), however this may change depending on the COVID-19 pandemic. The safety of our delegates is our priority.
Updates will be posted on our website and through our newsletter.
Our 2021 Annual Meeting will bring together RSTMH members and supporters from around the world to share knowledge from the forefront of the fight against drug resistant infections and encourage new connections and collaborations.
We are pleased to announce RSTMH Honorary Fellow, Dame Sally Davies, UK Special Envoy on Antimicrobial Resistance as a speaker.
This meeting will cover a wide range of topics within the drug resistant infection (DRIs) space, including:
- antimicrobial resistance and comorbidities,
- counterfeit antimicrobials and their role in antimicrobial resistance,
- supply chain, surveillance and stewardship interruptions due to COVID-19,
- resistance associated case studies focusing on anti-virals, anti-fungals in addition to antiseptic and antibiotic resistance, and
- mass drug administration and considerations for antibiotic resistance.
Sessions will take the form of abstract presentations, turbo talks, keynotes and panel discussions with an emphasis on audience interaction.
There will be dedicated sessions for early career and student members and the meeting, as well as the RSTMH Annual General Meeting, medal ceremony and members reception.
- Learn from senior experts from across the globe on a wide range of subjects
- Hear the latest research and lessons from the field
- Have the chance to ask questions and discuss in plenary
- Meet others working in the field and attend networking sessions
- Feed into a panel developing ideas, views and evidence for RSTMH to take forward in the coming year